Promise Arizona in Action
Promise Arizona (PAZ) and Promise Arizona in Action (PAZ in Action) seek a talented organizer and manager to take a significant leadership role in building power for the people of Arizona through effective issue and electoral organizing campaigns. Promise Arizona’s (PAZ) mission is to recruit, train and support a new generation of immigrant leaders from across the state to build a new Arizona, one that will allow all residents to achieve their full potential (www.promiseaz.org). Promise Arizona in Action is a sister organization that focuses on civic engagement (www.promiseazaction.org). This position is based in Arizona and reports to the Executive Director.
The Lead Organizer will be responsible for the success of our campaigns, leadership development, organizer training, membership building, and day-to-day operations. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Taking a lead role in developing political strategy at the state and local levels and executing PAZ’s issue-based and PAZ in Action’s electoral campaigns.
- Leading leadership development efforts by engaging and developing core leaders, overseeing movement building trainings, and building a strong base of volunteers and members.
- Managing the organizing program, including supervising a team of organizers, fellows, and part-time consultants for campaigns, electoral programs and other field efforts. This includes training, mentoring and development of staff organizers.
- Supporting the Executive Director by assisting with fundraising, grant reports and owning other projects as needed.
The successful candidate will be an experienced organizer with a proven ability to achieve results by working independently and supervising others across a range of areas. Specifically, we will look for the following qualities and skills:
- Experience developing strategy for and executing successful issue-based and/or electoral campaigns, including in resource-constrained environments;
- High-bandwidth and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time;
- Strong writing and organizational skills, and close attention to detail;
- Ability to develop strong relationships with a range of allies and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with organizing and movement building curriculum and training is desirable.
Candidates should be highly organized, flexible, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done. Ability to work well with others, both inside and outside the organization, and commitment to progressive values are musts. Ability to speak Spanish fluently is also important. PAZ and PAZ in Action are equal opportunity employers. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org